Gretna Green One Stop Weddings
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- We are: Gretna Green One Stop Weddings
- Our address is: Gretna Green One Stop Weddings, 137 Central Avenue, Gretna, Dumfriesshire, DG16 5AQ, United Kingdom
- You are: visitor to Our Web Site / Our Customer
PROVISIONAL BOOKINGS - Under the Consumer Protection (Distance Selling) Regulations 2000 (hereinafter referred to as “the Distance Selling Regulations”), you as a consumer are entitled to cancel your contract with us within 7 days of agreeing its terms. These Terms and Conditions will form the basis of any such contract. By making a provisional booking, you are deemed to have agreed to these Terms and Conditions and therefore to the terms of the contract between you and us. Such contract will be deemed to have been concluded as at the time of you submitting your provisional booking. We will hold a provisional booking for 7 days without obligation. You are free to cancel the contract at any point during this 7 day period without incurring any charge. In order to confirm your booking, payment of the deposit as detailed below is required. Your deposit is used by us to reserve services such as the wedding venue and hotel rooms for your requested date. Accordingly, payment of the deposit by you will constitute your agreement for our service under the contract to commence, and such payment will therefore bring to an end your right to cancel under the Distance Selling Regulations, in terms of Regulation 13(1)(a) thereof. If no deposit is received by the end of the 7 day period, the booking will automatically be released.
DEPOSIT - A deposit will be charged upon confirmation of your booking. This fee is deducted (in full) from the total price on completion of the contract. The deposit is a non-refundable payment required to secure your booking and in the event of cancellation, will act as a cancellation fee. The deposit for non accommodation packages is £325, with the exception of packages at Gretna Old Parish Church, where the deposit is £525. For packages with accommodation the deposit is £700. The balance of the price is payable three months prior to the date of the Wedding.
BOOKING FORMS - Clients are responsible for any errors in completion of the booking form. Changes made due to incorrect completion of the booking form, (wrong dates etc.) will incur a £50 charge.
CANCELLATION - In the event of cancellation outwith the aforementioned 7 day period, all deposits are non refundable. The balance of the price is due 3 months prior to the wedding date. No refunds will be given where cancellation occurs within this 3 month period.
PAYMENTS - All deposits are required within 7 days of making a provisional booking. Balances are due 3 months prior to the wedding date. We accept all major credit and debit cards but not American Express. Cheques should be made payable to; "Gretna One Stop Weddings". Payments should be made within the time specified above. Returned cheques will incur a fee of £12. Declined credit card transactions will incur a charge of £4.
POSTPONING A WEDDING - If you wish your wedding to be postponed to a later date, then all monies paid will be allowed against that revised date. Only some wedding venues and hotels will allow a wedding to be postponed. Although we will attempt to obtain the same package items as originally arranged, we cannot guarantee that this will be possible. The decision as to whether your wedding can be postponed rests solely with the individual venue and/or hotel, and we can accept no liability for their decision in this respect. There is a £100 administration charge to move the date/time. Postponement will only be permitted ONCE under the contract, and intimation of a new date is required within two weeks of postponement. A wedding cannot be postponed less than 6 weeks before the scheduled date of the ceremony.
MARRIAGE NOTICE FORMS - These forms are legally required to be completed by the bride and groom and returned to The Registrar. In accordance with Section 6(4)(a)(i) of the Marriage (Scotland) Act 1977, The Registrar cannot issue a Marriage Schedule within 14 days of you submitting the Marriage Notice Forms (this is known as the 15 day notice period). We accept no responsibility for any failure by you to serve the 15 day notice period prior to your wedding day as a result of your failing to submit the Marriage Notice Forms to The Registrar in time.
MARRIAGE SCHEDULE (MINISTER) - This must be collected by you from The Registration Office no sooner than seven days prior to the wedding (so long as the legally required 15 day notice period has been served). This document must be presented to the Minister prior to the ceremony, failure to do so will result in postponement of your wedding. You will need to return the schedule to the Registration Office within three days of the wedding. Please ensure you check the opening times of the Registration Office for collection. The Registrar’s Office is a government agency over which we have no control, with reference particularly but without limit to office opening hours. We accept no responsibility for your failure for any reason to collect the Marriage Schedule in time for your wedding ceremony.
MARRIAGE SCHEDULE (REGISTRAR) - This shall be issued by the Registrar at the time of your wedding ceremony. You do not need to collect this in person; however you must still assure the 15 day notice period is served. We accept no responsibility for your failure to do so.
CHANGES - We do plan arrangements a long time in advance and we use the services of independent suppliers, such as hotels, venues and car hire companies over whom we have no direct control. If we need to make changes or to cancel your arrangements, we reserve the right to do so at any time. Most of these changes are minor. We do not pay compensation for minor changes. Whenever possible we will advise you of any minor changes. We are only liable to you for cancellation of or significant changes to your Package by us. We will also not be liable to you if we are forced to make the changes or cancellation due to failure by you to pay any sums due to us as part of the Package price. We cannot guarantee that we will be able to accommodate or accept any changes you make to your Package when they are requested. Any changes that you request will also be subject to the terms and conditions of our suppliers which may include cancellation or amendment charges. We reserve the right to change the minister without notice.
COMPLAINTS - Should you have a complaint regarding our service, please do not hesitate to contact us at the address shown above, and we will respond to you as quickly as possible. If your complaint is against one of our outside services, this will be referred by us directly to the individual company for resolution. By entering a contract with ourselves you are authorising us to book independent companies on your behalf, i.e. hotels, venues etc. Liability for any failure on their behalf to satisfactorily fulfil your requirements lies with them, although we will assist you in every way to obtain a satisfactory outcome.
LATE ARRIVAL - Late arrival may result in postponement of your wedding. Ceremonies postponed until later the same day, subject to availability, will incur a £50 charge. No refund will be given for failure to complete the ceremony on the date.
- Display - I hereby allow the photographer to display any photograph taken in performance of this contract in his studio or portfolio.
- Photographs - All photograph sizes are normal. The photographers will provide a pleasing colour balance but cannot guarantee exact colour matching. Owing to anomalous reflectance caused by a combination of certain dyes and materials, especially with man made fibres, it is sometimes impossible to record and reproduce in photographs the exact colour of materials as seen by the human eye.
- Retouching - Retouching and artist finishing is available as an optional extra.
- Re-orders - All re-orders shall be treated as an extension to this contract. No responsibility for error will be accepted unless orders are given in writing. Payment should accompany orders. Postage is due with each order
- Copyrights - The Copyright, Designs and Patents Act 1988 assigns the copyright to the photographer. It is contrary to the act to copy or to allow to be copied any photographs covered by the contract.
- Licence - The photographer shall be granted artistic licence in relation to the poses photographed and the location used. The photographers’ judgments regarding the locations, poses and number of photographs shall be deemed correct.
- Force Majeure - The due performance of this contract is subject to alteration or cancellation by the photographers owing to any cause beyond their control. In the unlikely event of total photographic failure or cancellation of this contract by the photographers liability shall be limited to a full refund of moneys paid.
- Delivery - Photographs should be ready for collection 7-10 days after the wedding unless otherwise stated. Postage can be arranged in the UK for £5, and rest of world £25. They shall be posted 7-10 days after the ceremony approximately.
- Next Day - Service when applicable is a 24 hour service.
APPLICABLE LAW – These Terms and Conditions and any contract formed in terms hereof shall be read and interpreted under the Law of Scotland, and any dispute hereunder or thereunder shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Scottish Courts.
CHANGES TO TERMS AND CONDITIONS – We reserve the right to change these Terms and Conditions from time to time. The Terms and Conditions applicable to your contract are those which are in force at the date on which you make your provisional booking. If you subsequently make any changes to the package as originally booked, such as a postponement, then the Terms and Conditions applicable on the date of such a change shall supersede those in force on the date of your provisional booking. We would recommend that you print a copy of the Terms and Conditions on the date of making a provisional booking or change to your package, as a record of the terms of the contract formed.